Network Administrator 2/3
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Network Administrator to support the DSS program Data Center Operations. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Network Administrator will support planning, design, configuration, troubleshooting, implementation, security, operations, and management for all DSS network enclaves.
A successful candidate will possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, require originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. She/he operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. The candidate contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Perform day-to-day network operations and administration activities across all DSS networks.
- Provide tuning to maintain optimum performance across all DSS networks.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization across all DSS networks.
- Perform testing and integration on all network infrastructure (hardware/software).
- Maintain physical devices, firmware updates, OS changes and security releases.
- Provide load balancing (F5 BIG-IP) and traffic load balancing support for all enclaves.
- Identify and resolve network problems in coordination with the service desk as required.
- Coordinate with third-party carriers, vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Managing router/switch configurations, firewalls, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and related network service.
- Maintain all DSS wireless access points.
- Manage site-to-site Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity and problem/resolution.
- Install and configure all patches and changes required by Vulnerability Management System issuances (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVMs, STIGs).
- Ensure network infrastructure is secured and operational before deploying.
- Consult with DSS IT groups to develop and implement a standard architecture for access control points (e.g. firewalls and ACLs).
- Support vulnerability assessment audits and develop POA&Ms across all DSS networks.
- Provide IA system validation and assessments.
- Provide logical network data flow diagrams for each application assessed.
- Maintain plans, designs, and architecture documentation for all DSS networks.
- Maintain the network Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain the network Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation.
- Maintain Configuration Management (CM) and change control documentation.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve processes and procedures.
- Provide reports on network management trend analysis.
- Provide reports on security vulnerability trends and analysis.
- Monitor bandwidth requirements and conduct capacity planning to ensure appropriate bandwidth management..
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Basic Qualifications for a Network Administrator 2:
- 2 Years' experience with Bachelors; 0 Years with Masters. Four (4) additional years of experience may be considered in lieu to degree.
- Experience in networking utilizing at least three of the following:
o Cisco Routers
o Cisco Switches (layer 2 and layer 3)
o Cisco Firewalls
o Cisco Access Points
o Cisco Network Control System (NCS)
o Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE)
o Cisco Access Control System (ACS)
o Juniper Firewalls
o Juniper SSL-VPN
o Forcepoint Sidewinder Firewalls
o F5 BIG-IP Local traffic Manager (LTM)
o F5 BIG-IP Global Traffic Manager (GTM)
- Skills in networking protocols including, but not limited to, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IPSec, DHCP and DNS.
- The ability to debug and analyze network data to determine issues with the network utilizing network tools such as: Wireshark, SolarWinds, etc.
- Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- CCNA certification equivalent or higher
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
Basic Qualifications for a Network Administrator 3 are the same as listed above but require a Bachelor's degree in a technical field with at least 6 years of experience (4 with a Master's) and previous experience in networking utilizing at least five of the systems listed above.
- Additional certifications with F5, Juniper and/or Cisco.
- Experience with Cryptographic devices.
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community.
- Experience in supporting remote data center networks.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top