.NET / C# Software Engineer 2/3 (Jr/Mid) - (ability to obtain clearance)
Join the winning team!! Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking candidates for junior to mid-level Software Developer positions in the Herndon and Charlottesville, VA areas.
The qualified candidate will function as a software engineer on the program. Applicant must be able to design, code, unit test and integrate new software in an agile sprint-based development environment and work with a multi-disciplinary team. Tasks will include the analysis, design, implementation and integration of system capabilities. Candidate will support design and development of new software by participating in agile SCRUMs, analyzing and incorporating user feedback, and developing and integrating the software necessary to satisfy customer requirements.
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
The Level 2 position requires:
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or scientific or equivalent technical/engineering discipline with at least 2 years of experience.
The Level 3 position requires:
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or scientific or equivalent technical/engineering discipline with at least 5 years of experience.
- Good communication and teamwork with the ability to work with all levels of personnel across multiple organizational components, including customer organizations a must.
Software development experience with the following:
o .Net development (C# or ASP.NET)
- Software development experience in an agile environment required.
- Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs to identify user stories to achieve various Agile objectives or technical tasks spanning iterative development schedules also required.
- Candidate must be a team player with a proactive attitude and have the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative work environment.
US citizenship is required.
- Willingness and ability to be processed for TS/SCI Clearance required.
Candidate may also be required to successfully complete a CI Polygraph.
Experience in the following areas is preferred, and candidates with these skills, or experience in these areas will be given preferential consideration:
- Current or active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies, to include experience creating SOAP-based Web Service and RESTful interfaces using WSDL and .NET
- Experience developing web-based interfaces (GUI) and applications, and experience with Software Architecture & Design, Requirements Analysis, Design, Code Development Methodologies, Unit Test Tools, and UI Development tools including JIRA and Selenium.
- Experience with database design in Oracle version 11g/12C relational database.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design principles
- Familiarity with Internet Protocols - HTTP/S, FTP, SMTP
- Experience working with XML, XSLT, HTML to represent customer information objects, including transforms and stylesheets.
- Web Service knowledge
- SQL (Oracle or SQL Server) experience
- Previous experience with or knowledge of Customer and related systems
- Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 operating System
- Third party COTS products and integration
- Scrum Master experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top