Navigation Research Engineer 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Navigation Research Engineer to provide technical leadership of navigation research and development programs for military applications. This individual will join a highly capable technical team, work in close collaboration with Government R&D organizations to develop advanced navigation technologies, and support transition of those technologies to production. This individual’s focus area will be the use of RF signals, including GPS, GNSS and other RF signals, in support of maintaining accurate, reliable positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) information in contested environments.
- Conceptual development for RF PNT systems design and implementation of tracking/filtering algorithms
- Specification and oversight of hardware/firmware/software implementations
- System test and verification
- Design and oversight of flight demonstrations
- Presentation to internal and external groups
- Supporting proposal activities
- Representing Northrop Grumman at technical conferences and working groups.
- The successful applicant shall have a demonstrated track record of innovation and accomplishment in PNT with deep knowledge of RF systems as applied to PNT.
- Experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation
- Knowledge of principles of navigation, including inertial navigation, aided navigation, and Kalman filtering
- MS in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or related subject with 6 years of directly related experience or PhD in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or related subjects with 4 years of directly related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with related RF systems (e.g. comms, electronic warfare)
- Experience working Government-funded R&D programs
- Proficiency with C/C , MATLAB/Simulink, VHDL
- Security clearance with current background investigation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top