MOSSAIC Principal Engineer Systems Test
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants to provide Integration and Test engineering support for the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) on the Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capability (MOSSAIC) program as a Principal Engineer Systems Test. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
The Principal Test Engineer will be responsible for leading site test activities with less experienced test personnel and site personnel, establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying program risks and obtain solutions to include allocation of resources, and supporting the development of system test solutions in accordance with project technical, schedule and cost constraints. The Principal Test Engineer is a key participant in preparing and executing comprehensive system/element level test plans, procedures and test events, system/element level test planning and test readiness reviews, and potentially coordinating integrated testing activities and resolving conflicts for competing systems. Daily duties will entail documenting test requirements and methodologies in the requirements management system, training less experienced personnel on the system test processes and procedures, and reviewing system engineering documentation to ensure test plans and methodologies meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent, and complete. Participating in trade studies to support the selection of preferred design solutions, commercial hardware or software components, and preferred course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery. Supporting the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing. Participating in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Education/Experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science from an accredited institution; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD; 9 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain Security + Certification within 90 days of start
- Experience testing software for performance and functionality based on requirement specifications
- Experience creating and documenting test plans/procedures, analyzing results and creating reports
- Familiarity with UNIX, Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Familiarity/experience with Agile testing methodologies
- Familiarity/experience with defect tracking and version control
- Good communication, writing, presentation and organization skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret Clearance
- Current Security + Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
- Experience with regression and automated testing
- C++ or JAVA experience
- Requirements verification & validation experience is a plus
- Strong, proactive leader who takes initiative to identify, own and solve customer challenges.
- Software integration in a continuous integration environment
- Software testing certification (i.e., ISTQB CTFL, QAI CAST, or IIST CSTA-P)
- Knowledge of all phases of software development lifecycle and processes
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top