MOSSAIC Principal Engineer Systems
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants to provide electrical engineering support for the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) on the Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capability (MOSSAIC) program as a Principal Engineer Systems. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
The Principal Systems Engineer will be responsible for performing multiple engineering activities. This includes planning estimates, project planning, project initiation, design analyses, trade studies, operational concept definition, use case development, requirements derivation and traceability, cost-benefit and life cycle cost analyses (including Cost-as-an-Independent Variable (CAIV)), risk analyses, performance modeling and simulation, system build plan creations, vendor purchase coordination, system test plans, procedures, objectives, and scenarios development, security engineering analysis, and specialty engineering. Position requires the ability to develop recommended solutions to technical problems. The Principal Systems Engineer will also be responsible for the technical leadership of projects and risks within a dynamic environment to that must proactively work with the Project Engineers to ensure adherence to budget and integrated schedules. Activities include evaluating current and future system architectures and defining the evolution of the future MOSSAIC enterprise architecture.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Education/Experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science in a relevant STEM discipline from an accredited institution; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD Experience in Model Driven Engineering
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain Security + Certification within 90 days of start
- Experience in Requirements Derivation, Traceability, and Management; DOORS or equivalent tool experience
- Experience using MATLAB
- Experience with technical documentation and analysis
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret Clearance
- Current Security + Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
- DOORS linked to MagicDraw via DataHub plug-in
- Strong proposal estimation, basis of estimate analytics, and technical methodologies and process engineering
- Astrophysics & Math - work with orbit determination, propagation, correlation, star catalogs, photometry light curves, multi-spectral filters, astrometry (object positional accuracy), etc.
- Scientific Algorithm development - algorithms are used for mount control, object detection, calibrations, collecting photometry on objects, etc.
- Charged Coupled Device (CCD)/Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) camera experience - theory and operations
- Control systems, such as the telescope mount and dome, filter control, focus control, etc., including servo control loops used to control mount motion
- Experience designing high precision parts using a CAD program for internal telescope components and other system components
- Cooling systems / thermal analysis - both for cooling computer equipment and components, such as cameras
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top