Modeling & Simulation/Mission Analysis - Virtual Simulation Developer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Modeling & Simulation / Mission Analysis - Virtual Simulation Developer Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Performing military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, military utility, and operations analysis.
- Develops new and/or integrates existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models.
- Simulates real-time operations and develops software that simulates behavior of systems.
- Develops integrates and uses advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools. Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis
- Perform mission concept development, mission threads development, system architecture development, and model based system engineering
- Develop and adapt existing models, methods, and simulations to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience with developing software applications using Object Oriented programming languages
- Ability to translate Physics and/or Mathematics into computer algorithms, models, and simulations
- An active in-scope DoD Secre t C learance
- The ability to obtain program access
- Master's Degree in Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution
- Ability to develop applications using C# and JAVA and integrate prototype and pre-production software to support system simulation
- Direct experience with modeling/analysis of technologies such as: electronic warfare, radar, IR/EO sensor, weapons, non-kinetic effects, LO or communications
- Direct experience with operations analysis
- Experience related to sensors (RF, EO/IR, radar, ESM, SAR, etc), data processing/fusion, data links, navigation, or vehicle control
- Specific experience with development, integration, and/or test of radar systems, sensor processing/fusion algorithms, and data links is highly preferred.
- Significant work experience with complex, military systems (aircraft, ships, spacecraft, etc) and/or subsystems is preferred.
- An active DOD Top Secret clearance, current SSBI, or active SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top