Modeling & Simulation / Mission Analysis - Virtual Simulation Developer 2
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Engineering and Global Product Development (E&GPD) organization has an opening for a Modeling & Simulation / Mission Analysis - Virtual Simulation Developer Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Modeling & Simulation / Mission Analysis Engineers support various levels of development and verification.
- Performing military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, military utility, and operations analysis
- Develops new and/or integrates existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models.
- Simulates real-time operations and develops software that simulates behavior of systems.
- Develops integrates and uses advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools. Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis
- Perform mission concept development, mission threads development, system architecture development, and model based system engineering
- Develop and adapt existing models, methods, and simulations to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies.
As a member of the Systems Engineering Modeling & Simulation Team the candidate will have a strong background developing physics and/or mathematical models and algorithms and/or perform various mission and operations analysis tasks. Candidate should be a self-starter and be able to handle multiple tasks in parallel.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of Modeling & Simulation or Mission Analysis experience in an aerospace / defense environment OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 0 years of Modeling & Simulation or Mission Analysis experience in an aerospace / defense environment.
- Active in-scope DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Master's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Direct experience with modeling/analysis of technologies such as: electronic warfare, radar, IR/EO sensor, weapons, non-kinetic effects, LO or communications
- Direct experience with operations analysis
- Experience related to sensors (RF, EO/IR, radar, ESM, SAR, etc), data processing/fusion, data links, navigation, or vehicle control
- Specific experience with development, integration, and/or test of radar systems, sensor processing/fusion algorithms, and data links is highly preferred.
- Significant work experience with complex, military systems (aircraft, ships, spacecraft, etc) and/or subsystems is preferred.
- An active DOD Top Secret clearance, current SSBI, or active SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top