Modeling and Simulation System Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Modeling and Simulation Software Developer System Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The selected candidate will support the development and execution of Constructive Modeling and Simulation for next generation aircraft. Responsibilities emphasize software development and includes survivability and lethality analysis as well as designing, executing, and evaluating aircraft performance and mission effectiveness studies.
Development of modeling software to complete lethality and survivability analysis
Design, execute and evaluate aircraft performance and mission effectiveness studies
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science field and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a modeling and simulation role performing software development
- Software development in C , Python, Perl
- Current active Top Secret Clearance and eligibility for Special Access
- Eligibility for SCI
- An understanding of tactical aircraft and aircraft avionics, weapons, communication and threat integrated air defense systems
- Experience with Source control (SVN)
- Experience with software testing and integration
- Proficiency in government models including: SUPRESSOR, ESAMS, BlueMax
- Experience doing software development in MATLAB, FORTRAN, VBA, C#, shell scripts
- Experience with Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Active SCI Clearance
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top