MMIC/RFIC Engineer Circuit Designer 4
Did you know that Northrop Grumman's Advanced Technology Lab (ATL) is developing discriminating semiconductor technologies at our foundry in Baltimore, Maryland?
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems is searching for senior technical candidates experienced in MMIC and RFIC design and semiconductor device modeling. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of RF/microwave/millimeter-wave integrated circuit design, including device characterization and model creation, schematic capture, schematic simulation, circuit layout, electro-magnetic simulation and physical verification (DRC and LVS). Typical designswill include power amplifiers (PA), mixers, switches, phase shifters, attenuators, and low noise amplifiers spanning DC-110GHz. The successful candidate shall have prior experience with any of the following:
- GaAs, GaN, SiGe BiCMOS and/or RF-CMOS devices and circuit designs
- device characterization, parameter extraction and model creation
- industry-standard tools such as MATLAB, Keysight ADS, Ansys HFSS and Cadence Virtuoso
- performing S-parameter, load pull, TOI, P1dB/Psat and noise figure measurements
- troubleshooting of complex RF/microwave/millimeter-wave circuits
- parsing and analyzing large datasets using Access to guide semiconductor process development
- mixed node/technology co-design for 2.5/3D highly integrated heterogeneous circuits
- modeling and design of silicon-based interposers with thru-silicon-vias
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physicsorclosely related STEM degreewith9 years ofexperience inthe Integrated Circuit field including RF/Microwave, MMIC or RFIC design; OR aMaster's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics orclosely related STEM degree with7 years of experience in the Integrated Circuit field includingRF/Microwave, MMIC or RFIC design; OR aPh.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physicsorclosely related STEM degree with4 years ofexperience in the Integrated Circuit field includingRF/Microwave, MMIC, or RFIC design.
- Previous experience with RF/microwave circuit design and proficiency with ADS suite of tools including Momentum, HFSS, Cadence Spectre and Virtuoso, and either Cadence DIVA/Assura or Mentor Calibre physical verification tools.
- Experienceworking withGaAs and/or GaN
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Previous experience with RF measurement equipment and techniques for device characterization and modeling.
- Experience in SiGe and RFCMOS
- Current Secret clearance
Back to top