MMIC/RFIC Design Engineers - Levels 2 - 4 - Techincal Pipeline
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial
The MMIC Design Engineering roles supports Northrop Grumman's MMIC and RFIC product development. You will be joining an industry leading, technically broad, foundry independent design team generating products for cutting edge systems and applications.
Northrop Grumman is searching for candidates with interest in RF integrated circuit design. The candidate will build upon their previous RF or microwave circuit design experience to perform RF/microwave integrated circuit design, including
schematic capture, schematic simulation, circuit layout, electro-magnetic simulation, physical verification (DRC and LVS) and device test and characterization. Typical designs include low noise amplifiers (LNA), power amplifiers (PA), mixers, switches, phase shifters, attenuators, and vector modulators for radar system applications. The successful candidate
will have knowledge and experience with design and troubleshooting of RF/microwave circuits.
Candidate should have experience working in a team environment.
Technologies may include GaAs, GaN, InP, SiGe, and superconducting
electronics. Design experience in SiGe technologies is a plus.
Candidates for the position can be considered for the Baltimore, MD location and/or the Rolling Meadows, IL location.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman. This pipeline requisition is for Band Levels 2 - 4.
Basic Qualifications: (Minimum Consideration Requirements Include)
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree with 2 years experience; Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree with 0 years experience; Ph.D. or equivalent in RF/Microwave,
MMIC, or RFIC design.
- Familiarity with microwave design tools (ADS/Momentum, AWR Microwave Office, Cadence Virtuoso) is desired.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance per business requirements. U.S. Citizenship is a Pre-Requisite.
- Previous experience with RF/microwave circuit design and proficiency with ADS suite of tools including Momentum,HFSS, Cadence Spectre and Virtuoso, Mentor Calibre verification tools, and AWR Microwave Office.
- Experience designing in SiGe technologies is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top