Mission Systems Engineer-Space (T4)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mission Systems Engineer to support system analysis, product design, implementation and integration for Restricted Space Systems development programs in Baltimore (Linthicum), Maryland.
Performs system analysis and design, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The ideal candidate must be motivated self starter who works with minimal supervision while identifying potential system solutions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) curriculum. 9 years relevant experience (7 years with Master of Science Degree).
- Must have active Top Secret clearance.
- Experience in two or more of the following system engineering knowledge areas:
Technical planning, requirements derivation, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, cost and risk analysis, interface definition, system design, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Space Systems Engineering development and analysis from Concept and Technology Demonstration Phase through Integration, Test and Verification.
- Preferred candidate will have experience in the following activities:
- Translating Initial Capability Document needs into mission level requirements
- Support requirement decomposition and documentation in DOORS database
- Developing system state transitions diagrams, mission use cases, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, mission threads, network node diagrams, system architecture development and trade studies
- Fault management design, reliability engineering, algorithm development and signal processing experience
- System performance modeling in MATLAB environment, system modeling in Artisan, configuration management using ClearCase, ClearQuest, KPP and TPM identification and tracking; risk management, mitigation planning and execution.
- Internal and external interface definition and verification, verification and validation test planning and execution, spares planning.
- Test readiness reviews, FCA/PCA preparation, verification execution and reporting, telemetry validation, support initial operations test planning and execution.
- Active SCI clearance is preferred.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top