Mission Systems Engineer (Satellite/Space Systems)- Top Secret
- Dulles, VA
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Successful candidates for this position will work in a technical role for a space program in Dulles, VA in the NSS business area within the Space Systems Group.
Mission Systems Engineering responsibilities may include:
- Taking top level mission ConOps and using mission planning and simulation tools designing more specific tasking templates
- Working with Lead systems engineer to generate verification and validation plans for mission, space segment or ground segment level requirements
- Develop and execute system-level tests and simulations to verify FMSA requirements and validate expected system behavior. This will include the identification of needed capabilities for test-bed/simulator platforms, development of test scenarios to support comprehensive system-level V&V, writing of test procedures and scripts, executing tests and simulations, and writing test reports.
- Analysis tasks, including generation and/or rigorous review of functional analysis, activity analysis, timeline analysis, fault tolerance analysis, fault trees, functional risk/hazard analysis, fault interaction analysis, fault dynamics analysis, common-mode analysis, FMEA/FMECA, software system safety analysis, system/subsystem hazard analysis, fishbone/root-cause analysis, reliability analysis.
- Work closely with System Safety engineering to identify & analyze hazards, develop & implement appropriate hazard controls throughout the life cycle, and follow-through to ensure controls are appropriately implemented in design and test.
This position requires a BS degree in Engineering or related technical field and at least 2 years of applicable experience, or an MS degree and 0 years of applicable experience.
Must have U.S. Citizenship with current or active Top Secret level clearance
Experience in space industry, specifically designing and testing complex spacecraft and ground systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top