Mission Simulation & Analysis Principal / Sr Principal Engineer (TS Clearance)
- Chandler, AZ
This position can be filled as a Principal Engineer (level 3) or Sr Principal Engineer (level 4)
Northrop Grumman has an immediate opening for a Mission Simulation & Analysis Engineer.
This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. Northrop Grumman employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Develops new and/or integrates existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models.
- Simulates real-time operations and develops software that simulates behavior of systems.
- Develops, integrates and uses advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools.
- Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Modeling processes and expertise for space vehicles, space environments, targets/threats, payloads, mission processing algorithms, communications
- Simulation infrastructure and expertise to provide insight into system capabilities and component interoperability
- Analysis tools and expertise to back up system analysis results including detailed model characteristics, algorithm behaviors and system performance assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, systems or a related specialized area or field
- Active or current Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required
- Level 3 required experience: 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Level 4 required experience: 9 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Active or current TS/SCI
- Agile experience
- SIGNET and/or LIMIT payload/sensor parameter optimization trades
- System engineering trades and analyses
- Constellation optimization trades
- Incremental/evolutionary capability analysis trades.Monte Carlo simulations
- Probability of mission unique coverage characteristics
- System level performance prediction for a variety of mission needs
- Critical system performance characteristics and end-to-end system demonstrations
- Utilize Industry Standard Tools Including AGI Systems Tool Kit (STK)®, FreeFlyer, MATLAB, etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top