Mission Ops Development Staff Engineer
Provide mission operations support to NGIS Satellite programs.
- Support system development activities such as requirements management, architecture development, integration and test and formal program milestones.
- Work with systems engineers to develop operational documentation for use during on-orbit checkout and commissioning of satellites.
- Conduct testing using simulators and resolve discrepancies.
- Work with a small team of engineers in accomplishing Mission Operations Development tasks.
- Develop and test command procedures, telemetry pages, and other products derived from vendor provided documentation
- Develop test procedures and test execution for system level, end-to-end tests with the spacecraft.
- Support mission readiness activities including mission rehearsals, mission timeline development, and post launch test development.
- Support launch, including shift work, for instrument and spacecraft LEO&A activities.
- Monitor vehicle state of health across all subsystems.
- Perform short and long-term telemetry trending.
- Track space vehicle configuration, to include both hardware, software, and configurable item parameters.
- Support anomaly resolution efforts.
- Make modifications to existing operations procedures to incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance. Develop new procedures as required.
- May require shift work and travel10- 20% of the time for simulation and launch support.
- Bachelor's Degreein engineering related disciplineand 15+ years of related experience or Master's at 13+ years
- Experience with multiple S/C Subsystems (ADCS, CDH, COMM, EPDS, Thermal, FSW)
- Experience with launch campaigns and spacecraft operations
- Experience supporting readiness activities to include; Mission Readiness Tests (MRTs), Mission Rehearsals (MRs), Day In The Life (DITL) and daily operations testing.
- System design experience including the development of system design documents
- Experience writing technical documents for external customers
- Current Active Security Clearance, SCI
- Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
- Experience planning and conduction mission operations rehearsals/simulations
- Experience developing and testing mission ops procedures
- Experience with a requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS)
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to external customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top