Mission Module Field Maintenance Technician 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks a Field Technician 1 to perform a variety of maintenance and provides technical support, operating and maintaining main propulsion, auxiliary machinery, and diesel engines working in Port Hueneme, CA with travel to other Naval bases and deployed sites worldwide.
- Analyze and evaluate equipment relative to specified performance parameters.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment.
- Performs corrective maintenance to include; fault isolation, installs and removes equipment on US Navy ships.
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
- Collaborates and coordinates with customers/suppliers for technical and supply support.
- Complies with applicable industrial safety programs (OSHA).
- May provide flyaway maintenance and installation team support both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Operates equipment such as cranes and forklifts.
- AA Degree or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline with 0 years experience; High School Diploma with 2 additional years experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- General maintenance experience in commercial engines.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Will be required to perform physically demanding work, to include working in tight, restricted access spaces.
- Must be able to climb 20 ft ladders and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs to waist level.
- Must be able to pass basic DOT physical exam to obtain forklift and crane licenses.
- Experience with Navy maintenance, to include Ship’s Maintenance and Material Management (3M).
- Experience in Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top