Mission Innovations Strategy Manager
- Baltimore, MD
Our Space System Missions at Northrop Grumman are shifting dramatically. We are driving toward agile, responsive business strategies, pursuing both traditional and non-traditional space missions. We have a strong history of creating new intrinsic value for our Customers' space missions drawing on cutting-edge technology to innovate their mission enterprises. This capacity preserves freedom and advances human discovery.
We are seeking a Mission Innovations Strategy Manager to join our Space Systems, Payload and Ground Systems Division. The successful candidate will report directly to the Division Strategy Director, and lead advanced mission collaboration across the portfolio.
This leader will harness our pioneering and inventive spirit, guiding and engaging our Payload and Ground Systems positioning at the end to end mission and systems level across our businesses. They will engage our strategies, initiatives, investments, campaigns, captures, technologies and products for growth positioning, driven by customer mission imperatives. Their advanced mission innovation leadership role will be responsible for synchronizing investments with assured, resilient and responsive mission imperatives. They will be directly involved in messaging higher value growth offerings to our Customers with our business development team. The role has responsive mission duties, directly empowered with agile, responsive business model approaches and transformation. The advanced mission capability leader will codify this into our strategic operating rhythm.
Though our headquarters is in Baltimore, the position can be strategically co-located at any Northrop Grumman facility supporting the Space Systems, Payload and Ground Systems Division. It is not a telecommuter opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university and at least 7 years of experience, OR a Master's degree and 5 years' experience
- Demonstrated ability to create trusted relationships with customers
- Team experience with complex positions comprised of multi-disciplinary members (e.g. programs, engineering, technology, business, contracts, law, supply chain, production and mission/quality assurance)
- Team leadership experience
- SCI clearance
- BS and MS AE/CS/CE/EE plus Management and Business Administration
- Space System Mission Enterprise, diverse Segments and Elements
- Strategic Development and Investment
- Mission Engineering, Architecture and Analysis
- Products and Technologies
- Knowledge of Customers and Business Areas
- Space Systems Experience and Relationships
- Ability to effectively work across multiple organizations to form teams and gain internal and external support
- Program Management and Business Development experience
- Space program full life cycle experience, concept to operations
- Cross-sector program experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top