Mission Assurance Manager 3
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mission Assurance (MA) Manager to provide support to the Business Unit (BU) Leadership in maintaining its Quality Management System (QMS) by Process Improvement/Affordability, Supplier Quality, Risk Management, and MA engagement in significant pursuits. The candidate will demonstrate a record of increasing responsibility in project management and execution, mission/quality assurance, software and systems engineering, and process improvement.
This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
The MA Manager is a liaison to the Business Unit leadership and reports directly to the Division Mission Assurance director.
Responsibilities include defining and monitoring the Business Unit’s QMS, facilitation of significant gate reviews, coordination and facilitation of Business Unit affordability enhancements and process improvements, monitoring measurement, analysis and achievement of non-financial and sector-specific goals allocated to Mission Assurance, significant facilitation and execution of the Business Unit Supplier Mission Assurance functions, execution of Mission Assurance engagement in Business Unit and Operating Unit acquisitions, as well as engagement on significant priority acquisitions and NAR/ICE events, program engagement to evaluate/investigate/remediate program issues, oversight of mission assurance risk management activities in the Business Unit, and routine reporting to provide situational awareness of organizational performance.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- QMS monitoring including annual assessment of program quality metrics, BU execution gate review and assessment effectiveness, CPAS and root cause effectiveness, and execution of Risk-Based Process Evaluations on each program in the BU.
- Lead the BU’s IPRS entries by coordinating inputs/revisions, holding monthly BU reviews, and driving to closure the monthly reporting and Return to Green (RTG) plans.
- Partnering with business development to coordinate MA resource engagement in acquisitions, with personal MA engagement on priority pursuits
- Assess execution and risk of the BU portfolio; investigate and recommend corrective actions for select program issues necessitating MA engagement.
- Coordinate and conduct execution gate reviews and independent assessments for programs in the BU. Act as co-chair or coordinator on gate reviews and NAR/ICE events.
- Coordinate independent MA status reporting across for the BU for situational awareness.
- Facilitate and coordinate BU affordability and continuous improvement activities.
- Execute supplier mission assurance activities across the BU including completion & effectiveness of supplier evaluations, supplier qualification and quality requirements flow-downs, risk assessments and engagement with risky/problem suppliers, and counterfeit material prevention implementation to include effective Sentinel system implementation.
- Participate in Division MA engagement activities, annual MA goals development, and MA professional development activities and training.
- Manage a small team of MA professionals to implement Mission Assurance appropriately on programs and pursuits across the BU.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of related experience (or 8 years with a Master’s). An additional 4 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated skills in accordance with the MA competency model, and knowledge/experience of maintaining a Quality Management System
- Knowledge of risk management, process improvement, defect prevention, introduction of best practices (e.g. CMMI, Six SIGMA, ISO/AS9100)
- Basic knowledge of systems / software engineering lifecycle processes, IT service management (e.g. ISO/IEC 15288, ISO/IEC 12207, ITIL)
- Basic knowledge of information assurance concepts (e.g. NIST 800-53, DIACAP, RMF, ISO 27001, DoD 8570)
- Basic knowledge of Product Line and supply chain assurance concepts
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, excellent communication (oral and writing) skills, and a track record of working collaboratively with project personnel.
- Active Secret clearance with capability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Master’s Degree and 8 years related experience
- Expert, demonstrated knowledge of system and software development methodologies and practices
- Working knowledge of Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS) policies and procedures and the PMR/PRA process
- Certified PMP, INCOSE CSEP, ISO/IEC 27001 Assessor, ITIL Certification, ISO/AS9100 and/or ISO-9000 Lead Auditor; CMMI Assessor, ASQ QE or OE certification, Six Sigma Black Belt, Agile Scrum Master, DoD 8570 Cyber Certifications
- TS/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top