Mission Assurance Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. We push the boundaries of innovation, and drive advances in various sciences. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) is looking for you to join our team as a Mission Assurance Engineer based out of Dayton, OH.
What You'll get to Do:
- Champion Quality objectives and projects to achieve business success
- Lead core quality improvement projects to build compliant and cost effective processes with sustainable improvements
- Establish and maintain collaboration partnership with cross functions and programs, customers, program management, and other support organizations
- Write procedures and quality inspection documents, review manufacturing planning for proper incorporation of design requirement verifications
- Analyze nonconformance data to identify and resolve process deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement and waste elimination
- Ensure flow down of customer and industry requirements to suppliers
- Partner with customers to achieve goals and deliver to requirements
- Focus on reductions to Cost of Poor Quality through innovation and process improvements using LEAN strategies
- Manage corrective action activities and reports findings to program and CAB meetings
- Support internal audits, process observations and area assessments
- Manage/monitor QMS effectiveness, providing information and metrics internally and Division
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field with 2 years of applicable experience
- Experience working with specifications and drawings
- Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques
- Experience in supporting MRB processing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of AS9100 standard
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated success building Quality culture
- Previous team leadership experience
- Application experience with TipQA, ePIC, and Visio
- Auditor training and experience
- Composite processing experience
- Aerospace Quality Assurance experience
What Will Make You Successful:
- Initiative, judgment, and ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Confidence negotiating to optimize best solution for all stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Exceptional listening and observation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to formulate and execute project plans and initiatives
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top