Mission Assurance Engineer 5 (Software Quality)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a strong Mission Assurance (MA) Engineer 5 with Software Quality experience to support a dynamic, high-visibility program in Orlando, FL.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
The MA Engineer will be responsible for all Mission/Quality Assurance aspects of the program, including:
- Defining and monitoring all program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of the program
- Performing, supporting, and assuring quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements, company and sector policies and procedures, ISO 9001, and CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3
- Assessing the program's performance, deliverables and risks to ensure mission assurance and program success
- Developing and implementing quality plans, programs, and procedures using predictive quality control metrics and other analysis tools and methods
- Ensuring that performance and products conform to established company and regulatory standards.
- Exerting influence in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization
- Conducting briefings and technical meetings for top management and customer representatives
Responsibilities also include:
- Developing, modifying, applying, and maintaining standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures
- Conducting software inspection, testing, verification and validation
- Implementing software development and maintenance processes and methods
- Ensuring measures meet acceptable reliability standards
- Developing overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives
- Ensuring that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives, and/or contract
- Reviewing software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements, including applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Performing or directing verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of accomplishment working and communicating with program management, technical staff and customer/DCMA representatives, experience with ISO 9001 and CMMI, familiarity with supplier and software quality requirements, and superior communication and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or related discipline and 14 years experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Software Development and/or Software Quality experience
- ISO 9001:2008/2015 experience
- Experience with the CMMI-DEV model in a Maturity Level 3 or higher organization
- Risk/opportunity management experience
- US Citizenship required
- Active Secret Clearance
- ISO 9001:2008/2015 or AS9100 Lead Auditor
- Formal CMMI training
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Earned Value Management experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top