Mission Assurance Engineer (3) - Huntsville, AL
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking an experienced Mission Assurance Engineer 3 to join our dedicated team of professionals located in Huntsville, AL.
The qualified candidate will support the Missile Defense Agency Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC) as a member of the GMD Mission Assurance Team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works in partnership with program teams to provide broad oversight of program execution with a focus on achieving total mission success and meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Supports Mission Assurance implementation across program life-cycle.
- Supports implementation of Mission Assurance processes, including quality, independent reviews, assures implementation of program processes such as, program management, risk management, and assures that safety, and reliability/availability maintainability programs have been implemented.
- Supports Mission Assurance stakeholders to include subcontractors, and various internal constituents.
- Ensures effective evaluation of incidents and failures to understand root cause, and implements corrective and preventive actions.
- Provides independent reviews/assessment of key processes and program activities as needed
- Keeps management apprised of MA assessment of program status, customer satisfaction, and risks (programmatic, financial, and technical) that might affect program performance.
- Complete quality records and reports. Complete corrective and preventive action status and reports.
- Provide the MA Manager feedback and assessments relating to quality issues within Northrop Grumman and with customers.
Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related technical field with 5 years of related experience.
- General understanding of hardware and software engineering and development lifecycles
- Has a general knowledge of Mission Assurance or Quality Assurance industry practices and standards
- Familiarity with AS9100 or similar quality training
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and self starter
- Familiar with Microsoft operating systems.
- Requires a active Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- 6 years experience working aerospace and defense hardware / software development and integration programs with demonstrated performance and increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience performing QA and MA activities.
- Capability to travel - 10%.
- Background with Groundbased Midcourse Defense (GMD) program.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top