Mission Assurance Continuous Improvement Engineer/Principal Mission Assurance Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Cumberland, MD
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea,
air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team
of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride
in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by
Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right
opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and
engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our
global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the
front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on
diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical
spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the
world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mission Assurance/Principal Mission Assurance Engineer with strong Continuous Improvement experience at our Missile Products facility in Rocket Center, WV.
The primary responsibilities are to define and monitor mission assurance processes to ensure mission success of programs and systems. Additionally, the CI Engineer performs or assures quality and risk management in accordance with AS9100D and other program quality management systems. Assesses and audits process performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance.
Basic Qualifications for Mission Assurance/CI Engineer:
- BS in Engineering or related STEM degree such as Physics.
- At least 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarization with ISO 9001 or AS9100
- U.S. Citizenship; must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Able to travel Travel: 10%
- In addition to the above qualifications, a Principal MA/CI Engineer must have at least 6 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record in continuous improvement projects or use of Lean tools and/or risk assessment, 8D, DFMEA and/or PFMEA tools.
- Certified auditor in ISO 9001 or AS9100
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Back to top