Military Health Solution Architect
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Solution Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and military health. This position will be located in McLean, VA and will become part of Northrop Grumman's team that supports the Defense Health Agency goal of warfighter readiness and fitness as well as sustaining optimal health care in combat theater.
It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide leadership and technical design for full life-cycle of legacy operational medicine information technology system modernization and adoption of new electronic health record capabilities into the military operational environment. Conceive and guide enterprise architectures and applied solutions to integrate application and data sources into complex communications, command and control for use across the echelons of military health care from point of encounter to garrison.
- Design, plan, implement, and periodically evaluate and enhance system architectures related to operational medicine or integration and interoperability of electronic health record technology
- Work with the stakeholders to define key capabilities and performance requirements
- Define design and technology aspects of the system in accordance with customer specifications
- Develop thorough definition of system external interfaces and define system implementation approaches and operational concepts
- Ensure requirements are met and evaluate performance with customer
- Responsible for leading or directing other aspects of the project, including software development, operational requirements, hosting, and system performance to address emergent requirements
- Serve as the primary technical contact for the project with the customer and interact with other technical contacts across a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree with in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with a minimum of 15 years of experience
- 10 years of experience performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analysis is performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- 10 years of experience ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- 10 years of systems engineering experience performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Large scale data collection, storage, access, and security solutions
- Use of cloud and on-demand technologies
- Experience in complex systems involving bi-direction real-time exchange of data and information for combat decision support
- Experience with command and control and or communication systems
- Cost, schedule, performance margin management
- US Citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain required Secret Clearance or higher
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Master's degree with in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with a minimum of 12 years of experience
- Experience with DoD forward deployed systems in command and control, communications, and/or situation awareness
- DoD Health IT; experience with the Defense Health Agency enterprise solutions (clinical and business applications), including operational medicine applications
- Demonstrated understanding of hospital information systems, electronic health records, and health information exchanges
- Experience in joint force programs
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework
- Expertise leading teams in designing, building and deploying interfaces utilizing health IT interoperability standards such as Dicom, HL7, IHE, & FHIR
- Applied leadership and motivational skills in program quality, affordability and alternative solutioning
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top