Mid Level S/W Development Analyst 3 (JAVA/C++)
Join Northrop Grumman and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges.
We are seeking Software Engineers to design, develop, install and integrate software solutions in our training systems that support both the Naval Submarine and Surface Ship fleets.
Qualified applicants should have engineering experience related to the design, development and integration of software systems. Ability to build high-quality, innovative and robust software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. Qualified applicants will perform the following tasks:
- Design and develop Object Oriented C and Java Applications (primarily C )
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Perform software engineering in the Linux environment and to a lesser extent, Windows Operating Systems.
- Provide network interface solutions using TCP/IP Sockets and other inter-process communication (IPC) methods
- BS in one of Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science and five years' experience or 9 years experience in lieu of degree.
- US citizenship; ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Experience in software architecture and design
- Ability to develop software in C, C , Java or other selected languages
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience with development on Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise / CENTOS)
- Understanding of operating systems scheduling; experience developing performance-based software minimizing CPU utilization and wait states.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. Red Hat KVM, VMware, libvirt/virsh)
- Experience with configuration management tools (ClearCase/ClearQuest, GIT)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Math Background and simulation modelling
- Experience with Intel Server Configurations, Linux Operating System and device configuration
- Experience with Linux scripting (shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Device driver development in Linux and ability to make kernel modifications.
- Experience with Inter-Process Communication (IPC) / network client/server development such as TCP/IP, CORBA, HLA, AMQP.
- Knowledge of Navy Command and control, sensor and weapon systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top