Mid Level Network Integration Engineer 3
Join Northrop Grumman and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges.
We are seeking qualified individuals to provide expert systems engineering, integration and administration as well as IA security services for our development infrastructure and training systems.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Linux and Windows based systems, both natively and within virtual machines
- Monitor and test application performance to identify issues with installation and performance, as well as identify possible solutions
- Work with developers to implement fixes
- Troubleshoot complex computer systems and networking to diagnose and suggest / implement potential solutions
- Develop and support a complex build process organized to ensure correct and repeatable integration and delivery.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to streamline system builds, installations and testing of software and configurations to lower human intervention time on repeatable tasks
- Work with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolutions
- Propose process improvement to reduce installation time and increase reliability while ensuring secure systems.
- BS in one of Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science with 5 years' experience or 9 years experience in lieu of degree
- US citizenship; ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Proven working experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments, Microsoft Windows experience a plus.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or RHEL-based systems
- Solid scripting skills (shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Applicant must be able to earn IAT Level II Certification within 1 month of hire.
- Good communication skills - Customer onsite work reporting directly to Government Representatives, Coordinate with team to support schedule and installations
- IAT Level II Certification (Required after hire)
- Linux and Cisco Certifications desirable.
- Secret Clearance already in place
- Experience with system build automation (Linux kickstart)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. Red Hat KVM, VMware, libvirt/virsh)
- Hardware knowledge including Intel Server Configurations, Cisco Switch/Router Configurations, KVM Architectures
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP, DHCP)
- System Deployment Technologies including Red Hat Package Management (RPM) and yum
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top