Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you. Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a MicroStrategy Designer / Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the United States Postal Service in St. Louis MO. We are looking for someone who strives to be innovative, to explore, to test, defines ideas, enjoys tackling big problems, and comes up with elegant solutions to meet customer' needs and supports their missions. In this role, you will design, develop, debug/test, and deploy MicroStrategy reports that meet operational requirements, including scalability and maintainability. In order to be successful in this role, we expect that qualified candidates will have the following:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct technical support: creating adhoc reports, development, and testing.
- Provide functional MicroStrategy expertise to management and customers.
- Collaborate with customers to develop functional requirements, identify options for meeting those requirements, recommend a course of action and follow through implementing or overseeing all technical aspects.
- Assist with tuning the performance of the reports and dashboards.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science (or related field of study) and a minimum of 5 years work experience; or Maters' and 3 years work experience; or additional 4 years of work experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 5 years of experience with MicroStrategy in designing and developing report solutions.
- 5 years of experience with Data Warehousing.
- Working experience with distributed services, and/or narrowcast services.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance; green card holder or US citizen
- Must be able to work in St. Louis MO. on customer site; no relocation assistance is offered
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- Must not have travelled outside the US for a combined period of 6 months within the last 5 years
- Demonstrable ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Deep understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics, and formats.
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills
- Data modeling experience.
- Ability to work with the database team on MicroStrategy Reporting Requirements at the data layer.
- Development experience with relational databases such as Teradata, Oracle, or MS SQL Server.
- Experience using data warehouse or analytical tools for business purposes.
- Strong critical thinking, operations and systems analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Consultative approach and work ethic should be described by the following:
- Proactive, capable of making and meeting commitments, and the ability to execute brilliantly with an unwavering commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks/initiatives with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and assimilate information quickly.
- Committed to learning the customer's business in order to ensure that the work products developed supports their mission.
- Provide the customer with effective and efficient solutions, not merely stating problems.
- Strong organizational / communication skills.
- Experience with Agile, test-driven development, and continuous integration process.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top