Microsoft Windows Server Administrator 5
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Microsoft Windows Server Administrator 5 who will support several projects a large federal agency. This job will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Description of Job:
- Install, configure and administer Windows Server 2016.
- Create Windows PowerShell scripts to automate the management and configuration of virtual infrastructure environments.
- Deploy server images and templates.
- Install and configure the Hyper-V Server role.
- Install and configure failover clustering.
- Act as the point person to solve critical issues.
- Manage operating system deployments in System Center Configuration Manager.
- Configure and troubleshoot networking technologies within a virtual environment.
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server.
- System Center product knowledge including Virtual Machine Manager Configuration.
- Participate in problem management reporting, resolution and documentation to track progress with user requests.
- Configure Storage Area Networks to obtain high availability in clustered environments.
Basic Qualifications for a Microsoft Windows Server Administrator 5:
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 13 years of relative experience, or 19 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree
- Must hold one of the following certifications:
- MCSA: Windows Server 2016 Certification
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator Certification
- Minimum 1 year of work experience managing Microsoft Server 2016 Operating System
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance, U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status (green card holder)
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Hands on Hyper-V experience
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts to automate processes
- Ability to mentor and train team members to better understand the Server 2016 Deployment Process
Back to top