Microsoft Systems Engineer 3-19399
Microsoft Systems Engineer specializing in the management and operations of a large Windows based environment running on Windows/Linux systems in support of the Missile Defense Agency on the JRDC program. Position is located at Schriever AFB, CO or Redstone Arsenal, AL. Responsible for supporting the operation and maintenance of a large Exchange 2010/2007, Lync and BlackBerry environment for the MDA. Responsible for daily operation and maintenance activities as well as assisting in the determination of future needs and direction for Messaging services. Must have strong troubleshooting skills and in-depth knowledge of Exchange 2010/2007 and BlackBerry architectures. Will be required to interface with messaging services customers and peers in other service areas to resolve issues and meet mission requirements. Responsible for supporting Change, Incident and Problem Management. Primary duty hours are 0800-1700 with shift work and on-call required to assist with after-hours maintenance activities. Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or related discipline and 8 years of general related experience with 6 years of specialized experience.
- Must have skills in Exchange, Lync and Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES).
- Must have experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Exchange. • Must have experience with scripting (e.g., PowerShell).
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and in-depth knowledge of Exchange 2010/2007 and Blackberry architectures.
- Must have a sound understanding of Windows 2003/2008, Exchange 2010/2007, Blackberry Enterprise Server, TCP/IP, DNS, and Active Directory.
- Must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security certification.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance to start.
- Previous experience with journaling and e-mail archive/compliance solutions and experience with Barracuda SPAM firewalls a plus.
- Essential qualifications for a successful candidate include an ability to quickly adapt to new situations, a strong commitment to a team environment, a capacity to work with little supervision and the willingness to learn new technologies.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top