Microelectronics Process Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a T2 level Process Engineer to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. Our teams work with pride across multiple business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work, challenging and rewarding with great opportunities for professional and personal development. Most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us to advance your career. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Microelectronics Process Engineering team.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and design of processes
- Create & maintain process documentation
- Lead product failure analysis and corrective action
- Support & maintenance of automated and manual equipment
- Provide technical support to production operators and staff
- Optimize processes for cost, capacity and cycle time
- Assist suppliers with troubleshooting component failures
- Analyze performance metrics for continuous improvement
- Lead cross functional collaboration
- Generate clear, concise reports and presentation
- Support transition of product designs into production
- Flexibility to support occasional weekends and 2nd shift
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 2 years related
Experience (or Master degree)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS office
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Experience with design programs such as AutoCad and Unigraphics/NX is a plus.
- Experience with automated assembly equipment
- Experience with data mining / correlation studies
- Networking and troubleshooting computer equipment
- Experience troubleshooting process issues on production hardware
- Experience with Microelectronics hardware and support equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top