Microelectronics Process Engineer
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Corporation, Mission Systems Sector, Land & Avionics C4ISR Division.
On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing department is seeking Electronics Process Engineers, Level 2, to support its Electronics and Systems Manufacturing Process Engineering organizations. This position will be located at the Mission Systems Sector, Land & Avionics C4ISR Division, in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The selected candidate(s) will work in a dynamic, people-focused environment where he/she will interact with productdesigners, manufacturing technicians, quality engineering and test engineering. Process Engineers will design and
develop system processes, guide the manufacturability of new product designs, troubleshoot production hardware, andinvestigate and implement continuous improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Transition new products from design to production.
- Design and validate new processes and fixtures.
- Create manufacturing engineering documentation (change notices, Routers, and electronic work instructions (eWI)).
- Provide technical guidance to the production process technicians pertaining to failure analysis, process methodology,
corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot production hardware to determine root cause of failures and identify corrective actions.
- Work with suppliers to resolve technical hardware issues.
- Create and analyze metrics to target cost improvements.
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to drive down costs and improve production efficiency.
- Experience in Process development and control, fixture design, and troubleshooting of microelectronic assemblies.
- Strong communication skills, organization skills, and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline plus 2 years related work
experience, or Master's degree and 0 year experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, US Citizenship required.
- Experience in hardware design and/or test & validation of microelectronic assemblies.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or related engineering discipline with 2 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Earned Value Management.
- Active security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top