Microelectronics Assembler - 2nd Shift
Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Department is looking for Microelectronics Assembly personnel for 2nd shift positions,
This position is located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
Manufacturing is looking for candidates with hands-on experience working with microelectronics in an ISO 9000 environment for military applications. The
manufacturing environment requires precision quality and attention to detail. The assemblers utilize a variety of equipment and hand tools to assemble highly sensitive electronic components. The nature of the work can require extended use of a microscope and the use of engineering drawings or other visual aids. A preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and quality work. Must be able to learn and perform tasks independent of continuous guidance, assistance, and supervision.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Demonstrated manual dexterity for the ability to work on very small assemblies
- Perform tasks from written directions and drawings.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer
- Must be able to work flexible work hours (Weekends, split shifts, various shifts)
- Able to inspect products using microscopes to workmanship standards
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Successful completion of in-house workmanship criteria training classes
- Experience working in an ISO 9000 certified manufacturing environment
- Prior experience with component or substrate attachment.
- Experience working with chip on board technology.
- Experience in auto and manual wire bonding (including Ball, Wedge, Ribbon and Split Tip as small as .0007 inches)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top