Microelectronic Technician 2
- Manhattan Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Microelectronic Technician 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be based in Manhattan Beach, CA supporting the Module Assembly & Test department on 1st or 2nd shift.
This position is vital in maintaining the highest quality standards on the cutting edge of the microelectronics industry. The microelectronic technician performs the following assembly tasks in a collaborative team environment:
Wire or ribbon bonding/welding including setup and manual operation of thermocompression and thermosonic wedge bonding, ball bonding, and welding equipment in order to build, rework, or repair hardware.
Screening of assemblies including destructive and non-destructive bond pull testing, visual inspection using microscopes, examination against drawings and process specifications.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- A High School diploma is required with 2+ years of experience in wire/ribbon bonding, or welding onto components such as substrates and chips
- Experience that demonstrates manual dexterity and use of hand tools (work with tweezers, blades, scribes and probes)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with bond/welding machines such as West Bond, Miyachi Unitek, TPT, K&S
- Experience in a ESD and FOD controlled lab environment
- Familiarity with shop order or manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Experience as a lead or trainer
- Demonstrated implementation of process improvement
Back to top