Mgr Tool Die Making 1
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Sector in Palmdale is seeking a qualified applicant to join our team of diverse individuals within the Assembly Tooling Organization.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for the tooling operations within Mojave & PAIC, this position requires a highly motivated individual willing to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with dynamic requirements, with an emphasis on manufacturing and customer support. The applicant must have the ability to make decisions quickly under pressure, The candidate will provide day-to-day leadership to the tooling operations department in order to supervise the employees involved with the support the build, rework and maintenance of all tools for given programs within Mojave & PAIC, the candidate must develop solutions and resolve issues to a variety of complex tooling problems in order to mitigate build, fabrication & rework issues. The candidate will be responsible for all automation activities under the purview of the assembly tooling organization.
The Candidate must provide and project an atmosphere focused on team building and collaboration across multiple departments and shifts.
The applicant will develop & maintain work-load and budget tracking matrixes as well as provide schedule & status updates to senior leadership on a rhythmic basis. Perform root cause analysis, produce reports, and implement changes to reduce cost and waste.
The Candidate will support, develop and motivate a multi-skilled workforce as well as develop training plans in order to prepare the organization to meet the current and future needs of our customer.
Candidate will ensure all direct reports maintain compliance to matters related to certifications & training including Safety; Housekeeping, Program/DOD security briefings and refreshers; Ethics; ITAR compliance; daily and accurate timekeeping; Dept. training, Factory Accountability.
- The ideal candidate must have a BS Degree and 5 years of tool die making experience or the equivalence of 13 years of tool die making experience in lieu of a degree
- A strong background in assembly tooling, machine shop operations, welding, periodic tooling inspections and verifications and reworks.
- Experienced with leadership; managing tooling schedules & work plans to meet manufacturing commitments.
- Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Current DOD Secret Clearance is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain and Special Program Access
- Aerospace manufacturing experience is a preferred.
- Ability to work within an aerospace production environment with an emphasis on tooling operations and production interface is preferred.
- A working knowledge of manufacturing engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
- Experience in creating & developing company policies and procedures and provide training within the core skill areas to manufacturing teams and peers.
- Metrology experience is preferred.
- Experienced with CATIA V5 is preferred
- Experienced with MES & TSW
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top