Mgr Test Engineering 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (MS) Sector is seeking a Manager, Test Engineering 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at San Diego, CA. The Test Engineering Manager is responsible for establishing and leading the Test Engineering & Test Operations function for the San Diego Rancho Carmel and Spectrum locations.
As a key leader, partner and essential member of the San Diego manufacturing leadership team, the Test Manager will lead a high performing team of more than 70 employees responsible to facilitate a test engineering improvement culture focused on increasing affordability, process effectiveness and efficiency; and will be responsible for executing, monitoring and reporting on the health of the test operations. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success leading broad organizations within cost and schedule while achieving a high level of employee engagement. The position requires a solution-based orientation, unwavering ethics and values, and the demonstrated ability to be a trusted partner. Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers. The Test Manager reports to the Director of Manufacturing with reporting responsibilities to the various program teams.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Defines and monitors program test specifications and processes to ensure mission success.
- Promotes the professional development of the Test Engineering workforce and fosters a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
- Provides clear assignments, helps employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and builds a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
- Leverages comprehensive metrics, customer and employee feedback to assess test related performance and risks
- Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Responsible for the preparation of proposals for the Test Engineering & Test Operations Team.
- Frequent interface with executives and customer representatives
ERCOMMS & MANUMS
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related technical curriculum
- 7 years relevant experience (5 years with an MS) with 5 years in a test engineering or Integration & Test environment
- 3-5 years relevant experience in universal test station designs, testing, troubleshooting, test plan development, design for testability, In-Circuit test, X-ray testing, JTAG technologies, embedded testing, CCA, Module, System testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience in leading/managing tasks, projects, people and managing cost and schedule of a project
- Requires excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong team leadership experience
- Must have active Secret clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master's Degree or in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related technical curriculum
- Previous product or system design experience
- Functional manager, program manager, Integrated Product Team(IPT) lead, and/or other significant leadership role that included people and technical leadership as well as project cost and schedule responsibilities
- 6-8 years relevant experience in universal test station designs, testing, troubleshooting, test plan development, design for testability, In-Circuit test, X-ray testing, JTAG technologies, embedded testing, CCA, Module, System testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience in designing and managing test facilities, working with facilities engineering and facility design teams
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top