Mgr Test Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in Madison, Al., has an opening for a Manager Test Engineering 2. Selected candidate designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manages a Manufacturing Test Engineering Department consisting of engineers and technicians that support manufacturing testing activities. This includes annual evaluations, time approval, job assignments, and task assignment/prioritization.
- Responsible for the development and execution of test plans, and test procedures in support of production activities
- Evaluates manufacturing test equipment needs for program specific requirements
- Maintains control of test equipment and ensures calibrations are current
- Responsible for the execution of Test Readiness Reviews for Factory Acceptance Testing
- Supports proposals through development of the testing requirements and test concept by writing BOEs, BOE review, and other tasks as required
- Develops and allocates the test team's support for all required testing of equipment being manufactured and prototype testing
- Coordinates with program engineering for required developmental testing to include supporting testing at Redstone Test Center
- Cost account manager for test on programs as required
- Ensures CDRLs are delivered as required by supported programs
- Coordinates with government on all test requirements and operation
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years experience leading testing operations for DoD contractual efforts. This includes the tasking, evaluation, and management of subordinate engineers and technicians.
- Demonstrated experience developing Acceptance Test Plans and Procedures for DoD programs.
- Experience leading Environmental Qualification Testing, and Design Verification Testing on DoD programs.
- Demonstrated experience supporting proposal activities including technical writing input, and labor estimates.
- Testing experience specific to US Army Command and Control Systems
- Experience with US Army and USMC vehicle systems including Stryker, Bradley, Abrams
- Experience supporting military system manufacturing operations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top