Mgr Systems Engineering 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Technical Grade 6 Business Unit Business Facing Lead for Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S) in Space Park location. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform the business facing role for the Space ISR, Integrated National Systems Business Unit. Main stakeholder is the INS Business Unit Vice President.
- Support the Director of the Space Park Engineering Execution Organization
- Staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs
- Review proposals and BOEs for staffing needs, engineering execution, and command media compliance for the multiple Operating Units that make up the Business Unit.
- Provide program status and staffing metrics information on a regular basis
- Enable cross-region staffing solutions to ensure program success
- Improve cross-region closed area network connectivity
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading teams.
This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidate will work closely with the vice presidents, directors and managers of Business Units, Operating Units, other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 15 years related experience in software and/or systems engineering
- Detailed knowledge of the Space ISR, Integrated National Systems Business Unit programs
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Prior experience in new business development/proposals
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to present to multiple levels of leadership and to employee population
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen with a current SCI clearance
- Program management experience for a complex ground or space program
- CAM and financials experience dealing with large programs
- Experience in identifying and capturing new business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements, streamline activities, and develop effective processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top