Mgr Systems Engineering 3 - Assistant Department Manager
- San Diego, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
The San Diego Autonomous Design Center of Excellence (AD COE), Systems Engineering directorate is seeking an Assistant Department Manager to join its growing team!
The AD COE Systems Engineering directorate is a growing organization within NGAS responsible for delivering innovative and effective ground and airborne mission subsystem and control solution for our system operators' current and emerging missions by utilizing industry leading processes and tools.
From the legacy Global Hawk to new platforms, NGAS systems are used by US and International customers in operations all around the world, every day. Our team of Engineers and Technicians are continually expanding mission capabilities by developing and delivering products such as: avionics and airborne payloads, UAS ground stations, and integrated and deployed networks with advanced digital secure communications.
The Assistant Department Manager (ADM) will report to the Department Manager and will drive daily operational tasks for the department, implementing and maintaining robust Systems Engineering operations. The ADM will help manage the department indirect budget and also be responsible for coordinating training and support driving the implementation of structured systems engineering discipline. Operational tasks include staffing, responding to requests for information, metrics, and management of NCTA, capital and training. The ADM will assist the Department Manager from a systems perspective ensuring all engineering process are adhered to on all company contractual commitments and programs.
The ADM will own department products and/or process/metrics & associated strategies; identify, develop & direct product champions; perform overall strategic development and operational enhancement of SE processes/metrics. Additionally, the ADM will develop relationships inside and outside the SE Directorate to remain at the front of SE best practices to include academic and research collaborations.
The ADM will mentor, develop, and train section managers and will assist the Department Manager in working with programs to drive affordability, first time quality and cost competitiveness for all department related products and indirect activities. The ADM has no direct reports, but will be a resource manager for the department.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum 7 years of combined experience in areas of systems engineering or related field
- Experience in technical, program or functional management
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance
- Special program access clearances
- Master's or PhD Degrees
- Knowledge of SE processes, procedures and work instructions required to support both management and engineering tasks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Possess technical discipline credibility to provide "backstop" support to programs as required on behalf of team members
- 5+ years of experience in Defense & Aerospace industry
Back to top