Mgr Systems Engineering 3
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Manager Systems Engineering 3 responsible for the Space Vehicle Power Subsystem to join our Vehicle Engineering Organization. This position is located in Redondo Beach, California.
In this role you will manage and lead a team of Subsystem Engineers with scope spanning across requirements, development, verification and production of HW and Algorithms for Power Generation, Storage, Regulation and Distribution of cutting edge Class A satellite systems. You will also be responsible for coordinating across multiple Space Vehicle programs to maximize product re-use, balance staffing, integrate manufacturing & procurement, communicate lessons learned and anticipate program issues as well as ensure consistent application of functional homeroom processes and subsystem cost capture.
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional, positive, and pro-active attitude
- Strong team-building/collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to build diverse/inclusive teams with engaged team members
- Demonstrated skill in improving team engagement
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent 2-way verbal and written communication skills (upward and downward)
- Strong technical trouble-shooting skills with demonstrated performance in bringing broader cross-discipline systems engineering thinking to problem solving
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related STEM discipline from an accredited institution with 7 years of defense industry experience
- A proven ability to lead and influence a high performance team
- Active SCI security clearance
- A Master of Science degree in engineering or related STEM discipline from an accredited university
- 15+ years of related space and defense industry experience
- Possess exceptional communication skills across all levels of the organization
Back to top