Mgr Systems Engineering 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems hasmultiple openings for experiencedSystems Engineering Managers (Manager3)to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Space Vehicle (SV) Lead is needed for multiple Programs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- SV Lead will lead Bus architecture definition, Bus resiliency capability trades, cross-sector collaboration and accommodation of various missions for the initial phases of the respective programs through delivery.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary spacecraft engineering team thru requirements and architecture definition, production, AI&T, delivery of Bus to SV AI&T and manage SV AI&T
- All Bus subsystems: ACS, EPS, FSW, CDHS, Propulsion, Thermal, Mechanical and Electrical Design Integration, Structures, Dynamics
- Manage multiple subcontractors work scope
- Manage SV Bus cost, technical and schedule baseline and oversee cross-sector spacecraft bus development
- PM&P Experience Preferred
- Primary customer interface regarding Space Vehicle Bus architecture and trades
- Partners with GSC to lead planning and procurement of long-lead
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related STEM discipline from an accredited institution with 7years ofdefense industry experience
- A proven ability to lead and influence ahigh performance team.
- ActiveDoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret, SCI and SAP
- A Master of Science degree in engineering or a related STEM degree from an accredited university.
- 10-15 yearsof related spaceand defense industry experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret, and/or SCI
- Possess exceptional communication skills across all levels of the organization.
Back to top