Mgr Systems Engineering 2
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Responsible for daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs). Additional responsibilities include: cost, schedule, and technical performance of a specific unit or work package on a large system development-type contract or broad responsibility program performance on a delivery order or small technical services-type contract.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical discipline, 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree, and a minimum of 14 years of related experience in system engineering; 12 years of experience with a Masters; 9 years of experience with a PhD
- Must be experienced in all aspects of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing.
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and hold an active Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related discipline
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top