Mgr Systems Engineering 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems has an opening for a Mgr Systems Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Mission Operations Section Manager is responsible for providing functional leadership and direction to approximately 10 to 15 Mission Operations Engineers. The role is dual-hat, responsible for both section management (20% of time) and existing program responsibilities (80% of time). Along with reporting into a program, the Section Manager is also a member of the Systems Engineering organization. The Section Manager will be the functional management point of contact at the programs for the Mission Operations (MO) Department and will support and implement activities for Space Systems initiatives, reporting directly to the MO Department Manager.
The individual selected for this role will be the first point of contact for performance issues on programs involving section members and will make decisions regarding required escalation and resources required for resolution. The job includes management of time keeping, performance reviews, staffing and resources planning, training, and overall engagement for their section.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensuring members have sufficient statement of work, balancing resources among programs, and verifying proper charging practices are followed including time card approval
• Managing member performance, creating and delivering performance evaluations, overseeing the salary review process, and supervising employee development and mentoring efforts (including engagement strategies or corrective actions needed)
• Coordinating with programs to ensure appropriate staffing/destaffing actions are developed and executed relative to their section, and managing employee movement between programs
• Program review and proposal support of Mission Operations-related SOW
• Meeting indirect budget targets and interpreting higher level guidance for implementation within the organization for process implementation and improvement
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Back to top