Mgr Systems Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager Level 2 Systems Engineering position in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S) function for our Aurora, Colorado location. This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance within a program.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) teams.
Technical contributor or manager in a program role and part of the Aurora EM&S management team.
Functional oversight for a team of systems engineers, integrators and testers of varied disciplines.
Staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs.
Recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for contractors working in the business area as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline, 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree, and a minimum of 9 years related experience in SEIT; 7 years of related experience with a Masters; 4 years of related experience with a PhD.
- Must be experienced in all aspects of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing.
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- High proficiency of technical problem solving.
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top