Mgr Systems Engineering 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
The Space Systems Engineering Section Manager is a dual-hat Engineering Manager responsible for both section management (up to 20% of time) and existing program responsibilities (80% or more of time). Along with reporting into a program, the Section Manager is also a member of the Space Systems Engineering functional management organization. The Section Manager shall be the functional management point of contact at the work site for the Space Systems Integration & Test (SSI&T) Department and will support and implement activities supporting Space Systems initiatives, reporting directly to the SSI&T Department Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
• Perform resource planning and staffing; staff development, including skills training and career support; performance management, including employee goal setting, annual reviews, and issues resolution.
• Deployment, measurement, and improvement of tailored, agile, Space Systems processes and procedures and supporting product cost reduction strategies.
Candidates to have System Engineering Technical Leadership in alignment with the SSI&T department specific domain expertise defined below:
Space System Integration and Test (SSI&T) engineers lead systems engineering activities that include space qualified hardware/software development & integration, interface definition, system test planning/execution, interface and performance validation, and system turnover for Space System programs.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 5+ years aerospace/defense engineering experience OR
- Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 3+ years aerospace/defense engineering experience
- Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI or current SCI
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering and/or integration & test
- Prior Assignment manager and/or performance management experience
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all involved employees.
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering and/or Space Systems Programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top