Mgr Systems Engineering 2
Candidate will be responsible for functional management of the Mission Simulation department, leading a multi-disciplinary team of ~15 engineers at diverse technical levels, supporting various Missile Warning, Missile Defense, and Civil Space programs. This position requires a technical understanding of the OPIR mission domain, and sound Systems Engineering knowledge with emphasis in the system modeling & simulation discipline.
Previous functional management experience is desirable, including performance appraisal, growth & professional development, staffing forecast, skill set development, placement, and business needs planning. Candidate must work effectively in a collaborative teaming environment, involving close coordination with program management, functional management, human resources, and various campus organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related engineering or science major
- DoD Secret clearance
- 8 years of Space systems engineering experience
- Fundamental MW/MD mission knowledge
- DoD Top Secret & SCI Level Security Clearance
- In-depth SBIRS program knowledge and system simulation experience
- Led systems engineering related discipline team on program
- Functional management experience in related mission areas
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related engineering or science major
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top