Mgr Systems Engineering 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
The Space Systems Engineering Section Manager is a dual-hat Engineering Manager responsible for both section management (up to 20% of time) and existing program responsibilities (80% or more of time). Along with reporting into a program, the Section Manager is also a member of the Space Systems Engineering organization. The Section Manager shall be the functional management point of contact at the work site for the Launch and Operations Department and will support and implement activities supporting Space Systems initiatives, reporting directly to the Launch and Operations Department Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
• Perform resource planning and staffing; staff development, including skills training and career support; performance management, including employee goal setting, annual reviews, and issues resolution.
• Deployment, measurement, and improvement of tailored Space Systems processes and procedures
- Supporting Systems Engineering Directorate initiatives and independent program reviews
Candidates to have System Engineering Technical Leadership in alignment with:
•Space Systems Launch and Operations (SSL&O) engineers lead the development of detailed concepts of launch processing, activation and operation in support of Space Vehicles and Ground Systems. Systems Operations engineers work closely with the Ground Operations and Maintenance and Space AI&T teams to support development of test and operations procedures, fault management strategies and training material. This domain includes knowledge of MARs development, activation and calibration plans and ensuring consistency across the products. Experience may include support to launch operations, SV activation and real time operations.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 5+ years of engineering experience OR a Master's degree in STEM and 3+ years of engineering experience
- Active DoD Secret (or higher) with SSBI and/or current SCI
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering or launch and operations.
- MSEE in STEM degree
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with current SCI
- Prior Assignment manager and/or performance management experience
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all involved employees.
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering and/or Space Systems Programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top