Mgr Systems Engineering 2
A&TN Engineering organization is looking for a manager in a management position overseeing a team of 30 systems engineers, reporting to the Systems Engineering and Integration and Test (SEIT) manager for the A&TN Engineering organization. This manager will provide guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policies. Specific responsibilities include coordinating with programs for staffing, recruiting, training, preparing and delivering performance reviews to employees, evaluating/recommending employees for promotions, evaluating salaries and coordinating with Human Resources on potential adjustments, assisting employees in preparing performance goals, providing career guidance to employees and counseling employees on their performance as necessary. Also, the manager is responsible for periodic review and update of systems engineering process documents and support of AS9100 and CMMI audits. Manager defines systems engineering operating objectives for the operating unit in order to meet organizational objectives and schedules. The A&TN SE Manager is also responsible for defining operating unit processes and policies based on Northrop Grumman policies.
The qualified candidate will provide significant support to programs and/or proposals. This will include but is not limited to systems engineering efforts such as estimating, planning, risk management, managing cost and schedule (EVMS) and quality on large programs to meet contract commitments.
- BSEE or related degree, 7 - 15 years of experience, and significant direct experience in the field of System Engineering as well as program management.
- Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed.
- Candidate must have excellent written and communication skills and be able to work independently and within groups.
- The candidate must have an advanced level of understanding of systems engineering for software and hardware development.
- Candidate must have knowledge of engineering process, be proficient in process development as well as functional organization aspects.
- Candidate must have ability to facilitate/mediate in conflict resolution matters
- Candidate must have working knowledge of the systems engineering discipline
- Candidate must have familiarity with the other Engineering disciplines
- Candidate must have knowledge of real-time embedded communication systems
- Candidate should have hands on experience with DoD Communications Systems
- Candidate should have direct supervisory experience and/or significant team leadership (IPT lead).
- Candidate should have background with EVMS and CAM responsibility.
- DOD Secret and SAR highly preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top