Mgr Systems Engineering 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Space Systems Engineering Section Manager is a dual-hat Engineering Manager responsible for both section management (up to 20% of time) and existing program responsibilities (80% or more of time). Along with reporting into a program, the Section Manager is also a member of the Space Systems Engineering functional management organization. The Section Manager shall be the functional management point of contact at the work site for the Space Systems Integration & Test (SSI&T) Department and will support and implement activities supporting Space Systems initiatives, reporting directly to the SSI&T Department Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
• Perform resource planning and staffing; staff development, including skills training and career support; performance management, including employee goal setting, annual reviews, and issues resolution.
• Deployment, measurement, and improvement of tailored, agile, Space Systems processes and procedures and supporting product cost reduction strategies.
Candidates to have System Engineering Technical Leadership in alignment with the SSI&T department specific domain expertise defined below:
Space System Integration and Test (SSI&T) engineers lead systems engineering activities that include space qualified hardware/software development & integration, interface definition, system test planning/execution, interface and performance validation, and system turnover for Space System programs.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university, and 5+ years aerospace/defense engineering experience OR
- Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university, and 3+ years aerospace/defense engineering experience
- Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI or current SCI
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering and/or integration & test
- Prior Assignment manager and/or performance management experience
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all involved employees.
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering and/or Space Systems Programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top