Mgr Systems Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking an Engineer Systems/Systems Engineering Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Southern California, Los Angeles/El Segundo area.
Candidate will interface with senior management, project managers, enterprise architects, technical specialists and the customer on a regular basis. The Systems Engineer is the technical lead responsible for the project's overall system design. The candidate will be the technical solution lead for Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS) 252.204-7012 remediation and sustainment efforts and will divide their time between Systems Engineering and Management duties.
Perform systems engineering functions including requirements development, document development of systems engineering artifacts, and requirements analysis. Manages a team of individual performers and team leads to meet established milestones and deadlines within established budget.
The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal and communications skills and must be able to clearly articulate analysis results to colleagues, senior management, executives and customers. This candidate will integrate easily into a close knit team environment. This position is on-site at a facility in the El Segundo, California area.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage a Technical team. The Systems Engineer functions as the Project's Technical Solution Lead
o Provide direction to Project Management and Systems Engineering team members
o Review work products for accuracy and coach team members to correct defects and reduce future occurrences of defects
o Adhere to master schedule and budget while maintaining team accountability for meeting established deadlines and milestones
o Interact with site contacts to facilitate a smooth and orderly interview and data gathering process
- Develop NIST SP 800-171 compliant Architecture and Requirements documentation.
o Develop VISIO diagrams of solutions
o Develop well written requirements and maintain them in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
o Develop a Plan of Action and Milestones (PoAM) for resolution of InfoSec findings
o Develop a System Security Plan in concert with InfoSec Engineer
- Follow the Agile process as requirements are evolving
- Develop Risk Management documentation and remediation strategies
- Follow Northrop Grumman established standards and procedures in remediation
- Develop a technical Bill Of Materials for the solution
- Develop Waivers when existing standard solutions are not employed
- Follow Northrop Grumman Systems Design Lifecycle processes in project solution development
- Work with IT Systems Architects in developing the technical solution
- Work with sector and InfoSec Engineers in developing the solution
- Ensure architecture and design alignment with standards & strategic direction specific to the cyber and information security solution
- Assist in the development of rough order of magnitude & committed pricing estimates
- Implement the technical solutions for DFARS 252.204-7012 compliance
- Establish test plans, requirements traceability matrix & transition to production artifacts
- Ensure system validation is performed against requirements
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Requires 14 years with Bachelors in Science; 12 years with Masters; 9 years with PHD or 18 years of Information Technology Infrastructure Systems Engineering experience. This experience must be highly relevant to Information Technology Infrastructure. Infrastructure is referring to IT system upgrades or replacements, datacenters, migrations of systems, upgrades of servers and/or security, IT monitoring systems, virtualization, enterprise IT support deployments.
- Ability to handle multiple projects within a specified timeframe
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must have ability to provide total system perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components for a project
- Qualified candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to travel to other locations up to 50%
- Deep understanding of at least two or more of the following technical domains: Information/cyber security, IT infrastructure, network, and/or virtualization as demonstrated and documented by prior work experience
- Experience managing a team of 15 to 45 individual performers as demonstrated and documented by prior work experience.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous technical projects performers as demonstrated and documented by prior work experience.
- Proven ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience managing virtual teams
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman IT Solutions IEPG process as well as ITIL, NGC security requirements, services and enterprise solutions
- Experience with Agile SCRUM methodologies
- Active Security Clearance with an investigation that has occurred within the last two years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top