Mgr Systems Engineering 1
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission System Sector means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager 1 to join our Rolling Meadows Engineering Laboratories Management team. The Rolling Meadows facility boasts of a fitness center, on-site cafeteria, and a friendly, casual work environment. In addition, this site follows an alternative, 9/80 workweek schedule for most positions.
The qualified applicant will be a key member of the Engineering Laboratories Management team, which is responsible for maintaining the engineering laboratories, test equipment, computers, tools, as well as, providing support to hardware, software, and test engineers. The manager will be responsible for daily operations of a team of multi-disciplined technicians (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs). Additional responsibilities include: cost, schedule, and technical performance of laboratory capital projects and broad responsibility for all aspects of project performance on maintenance and technical services-type contracts.
- Bachelors of Science degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- 5 years' experience as an engineer in an engineering development or manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Prior experience as an Engineering Manager
- Experience in the defense industry
- Strong computer skills, including system administrator experience
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top