Mgr Systems Engineering 1
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences(E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
What You'll Get to Do:
This engineering management position is a mix of approximately 80 percent direct contract work and 20 percent functional management of an algorithm and analysis engineering department of between 15 and 20 people. A manager in this position is expected to participate in decision-making on matters of larger scope. Regular management activities include review of business needs, assignment of staff to programs, identification of hiring needs, and the professional development, training, and discipline of assigned staff. Responsibilities include meeting established cost and schedule targets and resolving technical and operational problems.
A manager in this position will be functionally responsible for a team that develops algorithms and applications in tracking, motion prediction, estimation, and modeling from space-based platforms, across multiple reference frames. This work includes analyzing algorithm performance, subsystems, and interfaces. The manager will also be expected to report status to colleagues, including customers and management. The manager will participate in technical peer reviews and work with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as be cognizant of algorithm development and integration issues.
This position includes:
- Leadership of assigned engineering team in accordance with management policy and guidance
- Training, guidance, and performance management of engineers
- Making decisions needed for accomplishment of team goals
- Interfacing with customers, program management, and cross-functional technical staff
- Problem resolution and improvement recommendations
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a closely related engineering or science discipline with not less thansix years' experience, master's degree withthree years' experience, or minimum one years' experience with PhD developing and delivering electronic equipment.
- Active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) sensors and simulations.
- Working knowledge of sensors, with respect to focal plane resolution, sensitivity, and line of sight considerations for the purpose of tracking.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tool suite.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Software algorithm development experience for complex, mathematically intensive systems
- Experience with configuration management software, including ClearCase/ClearQuest.
- Experience with C/C++ software language, development tools, and integrated development environments (IDEs)
- Basic skills in Matlab or Python and system modeling.
- Technical understanding and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of OPIR analysis and algorithm development.
- Team lead experience
- Project lead experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top