Mgr Systems Engineering 1
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineering Manager and IPT Lead for our Colorado Springs, CO. Approximately 25% of the time will be at Schriever AFB with 75% at our company facility. This is a dual-hat position responsible for both technical/program responsibilities (~80% of time) and personnel management (~ 20% of time) for a multi-disciplined team of approximately 12 engineers. Approximately 10% travel is expected.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. They will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Serve as IPT Lead on the EPS-CAPS program and work with program personnel in sharing technical expertise
- Support the EPS-R CAPS IPT in sharing and managing resources
- Lead weekly customer coordination servicing multiple stakeholders. Work with stakeholders to identify requirements, specify schedule milestones.
- Ensure 24/7 response to payload and ground system anomalies
- Direct troubleshooting efforts
- Provide technical peer-review of customer deliveries and ensure timely CDRL deliveries
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures
- Manage schedules and prepare status reports.
- Perform Control Account Management (CAM) duties. Develop and adhere to baselines using Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies and tools. Provide status, variance reports, EV metrics, and Estimate At Complete (EAC) on a regular basis per program requirements.
- Work with the technical staff to specify tasking, develop and execute to an Integrated Master Schedules (IMS). Work with the technical staff to status the IMS.
- Work to targeted cost, schedule, and staffing requirements. Review labor resource and cost actuals on a weekly basis, taking action on any discrepancies.
- Support development of packages for Change Requests for cost and schedule and present at Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Support and generate staffing requirements, documentation, requisitions, forecasts, and reporting. Facilitate internal meetings to support staffing, ensuring the staffing needs meet the staffing baseline.
- Support proposal work.
- Provide functional oversight for a team of systems engineers, integrators and testers of varied disciplines.
- Provide staffing and workload forecasts; support employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; identification and training of employee skills required to successfully execute on programs; and execution of employee performance review processes.
- Perform recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for contractors working in the business area as required.
- Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's with 5 years; Master's 3 years; PhD + 0 years
- Experience working in systems engineering, integration, and test environments
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in multiple aspects of the systems engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing
- Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- Current Top Secret / SCI clearance
- Experience in Satellite/Payload Operations & Sustainment
- Experience in Hardware, Network and Ground Systems
- Solid technical foundation in system engineering
- Knowledge of/experience with Model Based Engineering (MBE) and Agile development
- Knowledge of/experience with cyber security requirements and processes
- Experience in activities related to analysis, modeling and simulation
- Experience leading in multi-contractor team environments
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top